Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of services do you offer?

We offer both Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths services, including making certified copies and taking affidavits/sworn declarations. For more details, please see our Home Page.

People frequently come to see us regarding the certification of passport forms, common-law or divorce forms, and immigration forms. Although we can certify these kinds of forms (and many more), we do not offer assistance or advice on filling out the forms.

I need to get my document authenticated for use outside Canada. Do you do this?

In the interest of saving our customers money, those needing authentication services will receive a free printed do-it-yourself guide with instructions as to the process. Documents can only be authenicated by the government; however some of our competitors offer authentication services. Don't be fooled by these services which charge you a large fee to send your documents to the government - something you could easily do yourself for much less money - we'll tell you how!

What are your hours?

We are generally available to book appointments between 6:00pm and 10:00pm on weekdays, and 10:00am to 10:00pm on weekends and holidays.

Why don't you work during normal business hours?

Seeing as many of our customers tend to work during normal business hours, we do not want to subject them to the inconvenience of missing work to obtain our services. Like our customers, we also have busy working lives in the daytime, which allows us to provide our services at reasonable rates as this is not our sole occupation.

How much will it cost?

Our prices are fully outlined on our Services and Rates page. We will follow this schedule when assessing the cost for your services. We accept payment by cash (exact change, please) or debit (Interac), but unfortunately we do not accept cheques or credit cards.

What should I bring to my appointment?

Aside from the document(s), we will also need you to bring at least two pieces of government issued ID. At least one of them must have your picture on it (like a passport or driver's license), while the other can simply have your name on it (such as a health care card).